Climate Strategies Accelerator is now Climate Breakthrough Project
Welcome to the new Climate Breakthrough Project. We have a new name and new website for the initiative previously known as Climate Strategies Accelerator. We are rebranding in order to emphasize our focus on funding breakthroughs. At the same time, we have adjusted our approach based on lessons learned through our work in 2016 and 2017:
- Climate Breakthrough is now looking for new people and ideas to support on a rolling basis, with a goal of investing in 1 to 3 changemakers a year.
- In addition to considering individuals, we are also open to funding efforts driven by small teams of 2 to 4 people.
- We are now only accepting nominations via personal referrals.
- We are not restricting our funding to any specific issue, approach, or region, so long as it holds the potential to make a globally significant reduction in climate emissions.
- We are open to candidates who do not speak English.
We are streamlining our selection process, opening our search to any significant climate issue, and funding on a rolling basis. Our goal is to make more awards overall and to make them more efficiently.
The values and priorities, however, will not change. We are still focused on finding outstanding people and giving them resources to imagine and then build breakthroughs.